Try our chef’s special recipe on Pancake Day
With delicious pancake fillings out there, from Nutella, sugar & lemon, and strawberries & cream, how could you resist Pancake Day? Well don’t worry, as Pancake Day is not far off, and here at Weetwood Hall, we’re excited about pancake tossing!
Pancake Day also known as Shrove Tuesday is on 21st February this year. Pancake Day is the day before Ash Wednesday and the start of Lent.
Today, pancake races are a popular event across the UK and on the 21st February our very own chef Jon Coxon along with some of our staff will be putting their pancake flipping to the test. Make sure you visit our Facebook page on the day to see photos of Weetwood Hall’s Pancake Olympics!
Furthermore to celebrate this delicious day, Jon has put together a Pancake Day menu for the day and has also put a fantastic recipe together for those who prefer to make their pancakes at home.
Jon Coxon’s Strawberry Meringue and Vanilla Ice Cream Pancakes
Easy recipe tip – use the same cup for all your measurements
You will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of egg
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fresh Strawberries
- Cream (optional)
- Strawberry Jam (preferably homemade)
To make your pancakes:
- Mix the egg and the flour then beat in the milk vigorously
- Use a hot non stick fry pan with a drop of vegetable oil
- Flip pancakes half way through cooking (try not to drop it on the floor!)
- Once cooked roll and stuff with homemade strawberry jam, fresh strawberries, broken meringues and vanilla ice cream
- Serve and enjoy
Don’t step on your scales for the next few days!