Leeds Business Week 2014: The lowdown
It’s that time of year again, when elite business leaders from all over the country arrive in Leeds to take part in the UK’s biggest business week. Leeds Business Week 2014 takes place between 13th and 17th October in venues all over the city. There are over 100 events, seminars, speakers and workshops, many of which are completely free to attend.
It’s a fantastic opportunity for businesses in Leeds to make lucrative new contracts and connections, take steps to grow their companies and seize new and exciting opportunities. And you never know, you might learn something at the same time!
What’s on: the highlights
There’s a huge amount packed into just five days during this year’s event, with something to suit SMEs and big businesses in Leeds as well as public sector teams, not-for-profit organisations and entrepreneurs from all over the country. Here is just a glimpse of what to expect:
- Think Like a Search Engine – hosted by Northern Lights PR, this seminar demonstrates how crucial it is to build a personal brand on line and utilise powerful tools such as social media to grow your business.
- Communications in the Future – Wolfstar PR and telecommunications integration company aql team up to offer practical advice for businesses wanting to connect better with their customers, measure results and take meaningful steps forward.
- Business Start-up Workshop – offering support and guidance for new businesses in Leeds, to help get brand new enterprises off the ground, run by Leeds City Council
- Export Network: Meet the Experts – hosted by Chamber International, this is a valuable event for any business with an interest in exporting and growing their business internationally.
- Festival of Business – a series of useful seminars and workshops at The Leeds Club for businesses of all kinds, led by industry experts with the aim of helping organisations to improve in nearly all key business areas.
- The Future of the Office – hosted by Atlas Cloud, this seminar explores the endless possibilities that cloud computing can open up for your business.
- Leeds Drinks Evening at Chaophraya – a relaxed, informal networking event with Leeds’ elite business leaders
Why not align your event with Leeds Business Week?
Leeds Business Week 2014 is the perfect opportunity to hold your own conference or seminar. From improving brand recognition to exposure to thousands of businesses, there are many benefits to aligning your company with such a renowned event.
Venues such as Weetwood Hall provide the ideal setting for such an event, particularly due to the close proximity of the venue to all the action of Leeds Business Week 2014. Along with 35 meeting and seminar rooms and an experienced conference team, Weetwood Hall is also known for providing comfortable, contemporary accommodation for businesses in Leeds and professional visitors from further afield.
Leeds Business Week is a growing event, one that is only expected to get bigger and attract even more high-profile business leaders each year. If you don’t manage to plan anything for this year, make sure you’re ready for 2015 by organising your own high-profile event at Weetwood Hall.