In Celebration of the Great British Countryside: Why we should be getting excited for the CLA Game Fair 2015
If you fancy a taste of nature, heaps of good family fun and lungfuls of healthy fresh air this summer, the place to be is most definitely Leeds. The city is host to the CLA Game Fair, one of the most popular and well attended events in Yorkshire, which is back for another year at the resplendent Harewood House.
The CLA Game Fair 2015, held from 31st July to 2nd August, truly is a celebration of the Great British Countryside, with everything from field sports and outdoor pursuits to the Totally Food Show and absolutely loads of activities for children and families. Here are just a few of the many highlights:
- Totally Food Show – celebrating the quality and variety of British food and produce through workshops, demonstrations and of course, tasting!
- Exploring Nature – in this dedicated area, watch fascinating demonstrations and even get involved yourself in learning traditional country crafts from people working in the heart of the countryside
- Ferret Roadshow – see these entertaining creatures up close, learn more about them from educational talks and take park in ‘Ferret and Ferreting Masterclasses’ from experts from the National Ferret School
- Have a Go at a countryside pursuit – there are lots of field sports and outdoor pursuits taking place on the day, but this is a chance for visitors of all ages to have a go at everything from clay pigeon shooting and falconry to field archery and bushcraft.
- Kayak Experience – this is a brand new addition to the CLA Game Fair, one that is hugely exciting for all ages
- The Great British Village – another exciting new addition to the Fair, this themed area is at the heart of the event’s motto, ‘Celebrating the Great British Countryside’
- Field sports and pursuits – it’s all going on at this year’s CLA Game Fair, including gun dog competitions, shooting, horse and hound, fishing, falconry and field archery.
- Main Arena activities – the highlight of the culture and entertainment events in the Main Arena are the beautifully restored, traditional Thomas Cribb Carriages drawn by majestic Friesian horses.
A fantastic setting in Leeds
This year’s event will be the sixth time in its 58-year-long history that the CLA Game Fair will be held at the popular Harewood House. There are several very good reasons why the event’s organisers keep coming back, year after year. With extensive grounds and a Grade I Listed historic country house as a backdrop, plus the claim to fame of being featured in the scenic TV and film series Brideshead Revisited, you really couldn’t ask for a better setting for one of the biggest and best countryside events in Yorkshire.
Want to take it all in?
If you’ve quite sensibly realised that there is just too much to do and see in one day, you’ll want to visit Leeds for the whole weekend. If you need a great value place to stay, with comfortable and modern rooms and a fantastically convenient location for Harewood House, why not book in at Weetwood Hall in Leeds?