Calling all ‘Green Businesses’ – Why you should use a sustainable meeting room
Nowadays, going ‘green’ is not only good for the environment. It’s also extremely good for business. Green businesses that demonstrate a commitment to sustainability can stand out from competitors, impress like-minded clients and business partners and win more customers with their green image, as well as potentially saving money.
If your business is green-minded, you should definitely consider holding your meetings and conferences in sustainable meeting rooms. This is just another step on the road to becoming an eco-responsible company, but it’s a very important one.
What makes a sustainable meeting space?
There are many things that make a meeting room green. It doesn’t need to be solar powered or contain ‘upcycled’ furniture to be a sustainable environment in which to conduct meetings. Sustainable features of meeting spaces for green businesses, such as those at Weetwood Hall in Leeds, include:
- SMART technology for remote meetings – why drag everyone halfway across the country, burning up fuel on transport, when you can hold a remote meeting in a secure space with the latest in virtual meeting technology?
- Recycled materials such as flip chart paper and pens
- Facilities for recycling waste generated in meetings
- Fair trade coffee, locally sourced food, environmentally friendly crockery and refillable glass bottles
- A commitment to ‘clutter free’ meetings
- Energy saving lighting and electrical equipment
5 key advantages for your business
Now you know what a sustainable meeting space is, here are 5 persuasive reasons for your business to use one:
- It demonstrates a full commitment to sustainability. No one measure makes a business green, so improving sustainability in every single part of your business is the way to go. Using green meeting spaces is just one of the steps to a full commitment to sustainability.
- It’s great for your green credentials. One of the great things about your business being more eco-friendly is that it gives you a unique selling point, something to shout about. So, if you’re holding greener meetings, make sure you tell all your clients and customers about it.
- It will help to impress business partners. It’s not just your business that is making sustainability a priority, and your clients and business partners may be keen to be associated with another like-minded business.
- It can be a real money-saver. Green measures can save you money all round and even the small changes, like sharing transport to meetings for example, can add up to substantial savings.
- It can future-proof your business. Sustainability isn’t a trend that will go away any time soon – it is the future for practically all businesses, so make sure you don’t get left behind.
Weetwood Hall in Leeds is a conscientious venue when it comes to sustainable meeting practices and environmentally friendly spaces. This venue is a holder of the Gold Accreditation via the Green Business Tourism scheme, a specialist in environmentally aware and sustainable venues.