Banish the Bridezilla in you by planning your wedding early!
Planning a wedding that goes smoothly and doesn’t cause all your hair to fall out with the stress can be difficult, especially if you don’t have much time. In short, the earlier you can start planning your dream day, the better. You could even save money by booking many of the essentials, such as the venue and wedding accommodation, in advance.
When it comes to weddings, there really is no such thing as planning too early. To be on the safe side, ideally you should give yourself roughly 18 months from setting the date to tying the knot.
Here’s a quick guide on what to do at each stage of the wedding planning process:
18 months to go…
The very first things to do to kick off your wedding planning are to:
- Set your total budget – make a list of absolutely everything you need to buy or organise, down to the smallest details
- Work out how many people you’ll invite – draw up a rough guest list to see how many people you’ll need to feed or provide wedding accommodation for
- Book your venue – it’s crucial to finalise your venue as soon as possible, because most get booked up very quickly with other weddings
- Get a wedding licence
- Book a registrar – you need someone to legally marry the two of you, after all!
12 months to go…
With a year to go, the next things to organise include:
- Booking your photographer, band and any other professionals you’ll need
- Starting the search for the dress
- Coming with a theme and colour scheme – this will influence everything else you buy for your wedding, from the flowers to the seat covers
- Choose your wedding party
- Finalise your guest list and consider sending out save-the-date cards
6-8 months to go…
The wedding is not too many months off now, so it’s time to:
- Book your other professionals, from florists and cake makers to make-up artists, car hire and hair stylists
- Sort out wedding accommodation
- Choose the bridesmaid dresses, suits for the groom and groomsmen
- Book a venue for the rehearsal
- Set the menu and sort out the catering
- Send out invitations
3 months until the big day…
With the big day just around the corner, it’s time for the smaller details. You need to:
- Schedule a dress fitting
- Finalise the seating plan
- Sort out table decorations, wedding favours, stationery (i.e. name cards, menus etc.) and other décor
- Start thinking about the honeymoon!
- Re-confirm absolutely everything from the car hire, photographers and caterers to florists, DJs and bands
For weddings in Leeds, Weetwood Hall can provide the ideal wedding accommodation for even the largest wedding parties. With comfortable, modern rooms and quality dining, your guests won’t be disappointed!
For more information about Weetwood Hall Weddings check out our new wedding video