10 of the best hotel blogs
If you’re looking for somewhere for a romantic weekend, a fun holiday with family or friends or even a stunning wedding venue, you’re likely to head straight online to do some research. You could look on hotel websites for information, but where you’re likely to get the best unbiased information and the real scoop on where to stay is from specialist hotel bloggers.
Here’s our pick 10 of the best hotel blogs and guides:
- The Travel Hack. This huge travel site has been making travellers’ lives easier in thousands of different ways for years now, but the UK page of this super cool travel blog is the one to check out. It’s writers dig out the coolest destinations to stay in the UK, from treehouses in Wales to the best hotels in Leeds, along with offering lots of handy travel ‘hacks’ to help you save money and have a better travel experience.
- Best Loved Hotels. Best Loved Hotels has been running for an impressive 22 years, and it’s easy to see why! This site and blog has built up an impressive database of hotels from around the UK and beyond, and its blog offers unique insights from travel experts – definitely worth a look.
- The Hotel Guru. The Hotel Guru is your one-stop shop for hotel reviews, inspiration and travel guides for destinations all over the world. Recent features include the 10 chicest hotels in London and a guide to the best country hotels for a budget getaway.
- Travel Republic Blog. With competitions, travel guides and hotel info – as well as booking and exclusive deals – all in one place, the Travel Republic blog is always worth a look when planning any trip.
- This City Life. A blog focusing on city breaks all over the world, from London to Marrakech and many places in between. This City Life hasn’t yet featured the best accommodation in Leeds, but we’ll sure our buzzing Yorkshire city will soon make it onto the list!
- The Red Magazine Travel Blog. The Red Magazine Travel blog is the place to visit for hotel and travel inspiration, even if you’re not ready to book just yet. With gorgeous images and helpful reviews for hotels everywhere from London and Whitstable to France and Switzerland, it’s well worth a browse on your lunch break.
- Hotel Chatter. This is one of the biggest and most-visited travel blogs online, so we couldn’t miss it out of our list. If you want breaking travel news, hotel reviews and insider info from travel experts and real-life guests – Hotel Chatter is the site to visit.
- The Luxury Editor. If you want to indulge your travel fantasies, even if you don’t quite have the budget, browse the gorgeous hotel blog that is the Luxury Editor. This site is beautiful to look at and hugely inspirational – it’ll definitely make you want to start saving up for a luxury break!
- Guardian Travel. Whilst not strictly a hotel blog, the Guardian’s travel section is a mine of interesting useful information on hotels and accommodation all over the world. If you need to find hotel reviews or simply enjoy a fascinating travel article, this is the place to visit.
- Mrs O Around the World. Unlike other luxury travel blogs, Mrs O Around the World has a really fun feel, making it accessible to all. Follow blog owner Ana Silva O’Reilly around the world from St Moritz to the Maldives, and get some great ideas and inspiration for future holidays along the way.
If you’re looking for quality accommodation in Leeds, the award-winning Weetwood Hall is definitely the one to check out.